Friday, May 2, 2008

Creative Writing

If you didn't already know, you can tell from this blog, I'm not into creative writing. However, our children have been blessed on both sides with literary genes. Scott is a wonderful writer and poet, his mother is a published author, his dad writes, my dad writes, my brother is a creative writing major - so it's all over. Fortunately, although I think Tyler mostly takes after me, it seems she has some interest in writing. Her teacher believes she'll grow up to be an artist or a writer. During this last part of first grade Tyler has had several writing assignments where she's given a subject and asked to write a few sentences on it. For having never done something like this before, I think her writing is really cute and creative! Here are some things she's written lately:

Kites
My kite has a long tail. I will let my string go out far and it will fly high. I will run with my kite. The wind blows it in the air. I can see it in the sky. The breeze might pull it in the trees. The End.
Rabbits
Rabbits are soft, cute and come in many different colors. They like to eat carrots, cabbages and flowers. They love to hop in the garden.
Breakfast
Breakfast is good with pancakes, egg, sausages and grapes. Mmmm good! I love a breakfast like that.
Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln lived in Kentucky. He lived in a log cabin. He loved to read the Bible! Abe Lincoln liked school very much. He liked to read all kinds of books. Abe Lincoln was honest and brave! He was the 16th President of the United States! Most people called him honest Abe.
My First Fishing Day
One day me and my Dad went fishing. I caught a couple of the same fish. My Dad helped me. I did pretty good! The fish i caught were very pretty. I went to another part of the pond. Then I caught a large mouth bass! The End.
George Washington
George Washington lived on a farm. He loved God and prayed. He became a brave soldier. He was the first President of the United States. George Washington always said do your best your very best and do it every day. And he loved to read the Bible.

2 comments:

Rachel Ratliff said...

Your family is beautiful and has grown so much since I last saw you guys! I am glad you all are doing well!
-Rachel Nix Ratliff
http://theratliffsblog.blogspot.com/

J Period Michael Osborne said...

These poems are actually pretty good, in a very William Carlos Williams way. Tell Tyler that I encourage and will follow her poetic endeavors.

Also: I was sort of mentioned in your blog. Score.