Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The sick little thing!

While at the doctor today for Tate's four month checkup, Tyler coughed (she's had a cough for 36 hours or so) and the nurse says, "Well, that's quite a cough" the naive mom that I am (and always the optimist) says, "Yeah, do you think we should have you guys look at that?" She says definitely, gets a count of the oxygen in Tyler's capillaries which is very low and within minutes, Tyler's sitting in the doctor's office having her first breathing treatment! I took this picture with my phone so I could show her what she looked like and try to make her laugh. It didn't work.

The verdict is: walking pnuemonia. The doctor says her lungs sound like Rice Krispies and the breathing treatment did help but not a ton. Now she's on an antibiotic and something to loosen things up in her lungs. She's also watching TV 24/7. I miss her spunk!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Walking pneumonia!! Tyler, I'll be praying for you to feel better soon! I've never had walking pneumonia. What does that feel like? It must feel really weird!! I love you. Dad-Dad

In His Glad Service said...

Oh, my goodness! Nona just found out about the pneumonia! I don't get to check the blogs much, but I'll sure start praying now. I feel badly I didn't know. Next time I come, I'm bringing my stethescope and take a listen...my goodness. Well, I just love you and will be praying, Mama-Nona