Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Two thoughts for the day



This is a great time to live here! The weather is beautiful and how's 74 degrees for the last day of February? When we were in Princeton, it was this time of year that I really felt the winter blues start to hit - so tired of the cold and knowing there was still so much of it left to endure.

Secondly, I just have to tell this story. On Sunday, our church celebrated the 69th anniversary of our oldest couple, Mr. and Mrs. Loposser (their son, grandkids and great-grandkids all attend Handsboro too). This Sunday I was sitting right to the side of them and when Scott announced their anniversary I could see them reach out to hold eachother's hands. They looked at eachother and smiled. It was just the sweetest thing to see them still touch and look at eachother like that after so many years. If I'm still alive then (I'd be 90 years old!), I so hope Scott is still with me and we'll reach out for eachother while sitting together in church.

0 comments: