Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Positive Mom


I'm reading a book called "The Power of a Positive Mom". In general, I would describe myself as a positive mom anyway but some of the exercises have been really neat reminders of how cool my kids are. It's gotten my mind on all the things I like about my kids. For example: Today Eben was on the phone with Nona (Scott's mom) and wanted to show her his "binoculars". He doesn't understand yet that she can't see him so he "showed them to her" and she played along. But, I went ahead and took this picture with my phone and sent it to her so she could truely see him with his "binoculars". These are some of the other things I'm loving about Eben right now: he uses his "binoculars" all the time, he wears plain blue footed pajamas (see picture) and says they're Spiderman pajamas, he calls his tricycle a "motorcycle", he gets on and off the big potty all by himself, he plays "I spy" with me in the car. He is hilarious!

1 comments:

Geek Mom said...

you are a super positive mom. what a fun book to read, though. my positive thought for the day: when i found a nest of mummified, putrid mice in a rubbermaid container full of baby clothes this morning, bridget didn't cry! she just said that she was "totally grossed out" and wanted me to throw those dead mice away. and now i've bleached the entire house and feel better :)