Friday, May 11, 2007

I ran a 5K!

Ha, ha, just kidding! Last weekend the kids and I WALKED a 5k for the March of Dimes. My moms' group did it as our monthly service project and so I took the kids out on Saturday morning and walked it with four other moms and their kids. Tyler walked about half of it but got to take breaks on the stroller whenever she wanted. Tate slept through about half of it and Eben rode with his friend, Julian. It was neat though to see several kids with their "I was a preemie" t-shirts on. March of Dimes is an awareness and education campaign to help families have healthier babies and the 5K walks help them raise money. Eben was technically a "preemie" although he was so healthy he didn't face the risks other babies have. But the little trouble we had with him just gave me just a touch of what some of these families go through. It was really fun to do together!

2 comments:

Hoover said...

Congratulations! We had the same bit of fun a few weeks ago with the Susan Komen breast cancer event here in Waco. As it turns out I carried Benjamin on my shoulders for about 4 of those 5 km! Miss you guys. Enjoy your tomatoes.

Geek Mom said...

yeah for you! my friend just gave birth 8 1/2 weeks early on tuesday! surprisingly, the baby is doing well and she has already moved to the regular newborn nursery instead of the nicu. bridget and my mom did the leukemia walk a few weeks ago...i guess spring is the perfect time for raising moolah!