Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cakes

So apparently every fall I will be elbow deep in flour and sprinkles. With all these birthdays lumped together I've been so busy in the kitchen baking and, more time consuming, decorating.

For Scott and Tate's birthdays, Tyler and I picked a Golf cake. I think this was one of the best looking birthday cakes/cupcakes I've ever made but really it was pretty easy. We did it in an afternoon and managed to keep it a secret until Scott saw a picture of it online! Argh!







Then, Tyler asked to do a "girl cupcake" and a "boy cupcake" for her class party. So, we did butterflies for the girls and turtles for the boys. Both were fun but neither turned out exactly as I was picturing in my head. Regardless, the kids thought they were great and ate all the little decorations more than the actual cupcake.





Somehow I've gotten myself into making these elaborate (for me, anyway) cakes for everyone's birthdays. I really do enjoy doing it - it's a labor of love for me. Anyway, I don't think I ever put Eben's cake on here that we did for his party back in July. I thought this one was really cute.

1 comments:

Laurie M. Lee said...

You and Ami are out of control with these cakes. I have yet to make a cake for my kids or husband. I enjoy cooking and I like baking, but I get stressed about decorating cakes. :-) Glad you survived the birthday season!