Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mama takes a vacation!


Last weekend I left all three kids with Scott for the first time and went on a 4-night cruise to Cozumel with my mom and sister. We went on a Carnival ship that ports in Mobile, AL. It was a fun cruise - the ship is Carnival's smallest and oldest ship and although you could definitely tell that was the case, we had great food and lots of relaxing time. We enjoyed a horseback riding excursion in Cozumel and had really yummy mexican food. My thanks goes out to my mom who took us on the cruise as our Christmas gift. It was so fun to spend good time with her and my sister - it was a first for us and something we'd decided we need to do often!

Also my thanks goes out to Nona for coming for a couple days while I was gone to help Scott out since he was balancing all his regular work and three kids! She did a great job of keeping the fed and entertained while also doing all sorts of housework and laundry! It was such a treat to come home to a really clean house!

Finally, Scott ... he singlehandedly broke Tate of his mommy-attachment issues! He did a great job with all the kids but most appreciated was the fact that when I came home Tate had learned how to entertain himself! Daily I've been reminded of what a great dad he is and the fact that having another person around with different ideas and perspectives is really valuable!

Here are some more pics from our cruise and after we got home ...


0 comments: