Saturday, October 27, 2007

Cats!

No, not the Broadway production you're thinking of. However, we've had enough cats around our house lately to put on our own production. Let me preface this by saying, Scott and I are not "cat people". But, in August we had a sweet cat show up who was so skinny we couldn't help but start feeding her. We named her Cleopatra and even though she stayed outdoors she quickly became a "pet" to our kids. She would let Tate carry her around upside down and tried to sneak into the house whenever possible. We ended up loving her so much, we found her a wonderful home ... with my parents in Orlando! She made the trip down with my dad and very quickly adjusted to being a domesticated cat.


Then, about two weeks after she'd left, an identical looking boy cat showed up. I'm convinced he's Cleo's brother. He now comes and goes as he pleases.

Then, the night before I left for my cruise, I found this precious kitten meowing by the fence in our front yard.


We took her to the Humane Society the next day but she was too little to be fixed so they couldn't adopt her out. We took her back and fortunately found a home for her with new long-term volunteers who live at the Village in Houma, LA.

So, for now, no more new cats - but, if you're interested in one, I should have some more before too long!

0 comments: