Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Tyler!

As a close to the birthday extravaganza week we welcome Tyler to her eighth year! Happy seventh birthday, Tyler!

I can't believe we have a seven year old, a second grader, a reader, a writer, a beautiful, caring, artistic young girl to call a daughter! As I prayed with Tyler before bed on her birthday I teared up (many of you know this deserves a blog post on it's own!) at the idea of how incredible she is at seven. She is super smart, incredibly caring, patient (especially with her brothers), thoughtful, giving, laid back and easy to accomodate. To be her mom is such a priviledge and this was one of the first times, as a young mom, I felt I could look back at a substantial period of time and feel so proud of who she has become and all she has to look forward to. Tyler tackles Bible memory with a passion, she will go along with anything and is "so bored" with second grade because it's "so easy".

We celebrated at home with presents but the next night we took three of her friends out to a nearby paint-your-own pottery place and then to CiCi's for pizza. It was such fun to see her interact with her friends, to get to know them, etc.

1 comments:

Mike said...

I couldn't agree more about Tyler. As our first grandchild, she has given us such joy! Some of the fine qualities I see in her are: she is sensitive; she sees and feels for others; she is tender and longsuffering; she is joyful; she celebrates well; she likes to have a good time and can make good times out of ordinary things; she's a good listener. I could go on and on. I am so very proud of her, and of you Rebecca for how you have been such a great mom and wife for her to model herself after.