Wednesday, December 6, 2006

And now ... Tyler!


Just have to write to brag on Tyler ... (mostly for the grandparents sake) ... yesterday on our way home from school, she said, "Mom, there are four oceans." Of course, I had to stretch my brain back to 7th grade Geography to be sure if she was right or not and then I said, "Yep" - then she told me three of them and had a hard time with the Indian Ocean. Then she tells me there are seven continents and proceeds to name them all. I was impressed.


Then, later that night she recites Psalm 100 - from memory - perfectly. We haven't worked on this with her at all - she comes home from school having learned it and knows it perfectly.

3 comments:

Mike said...

What a brain! I'm clueless about how many oceans and continents there are. Way to go, Tyler!

Unknown said...

Tyler, this is just great! School is wonderful. Nona just loves school, too. That's why I still go to school every day. There is always something new to learn. And good students like you who love to learn are my favorites. Next time you come visit, Nona will take you to her school and you can go to a class! I need to have my students memorize the 100th Psalm! Did you know that Pop-Pops can SING the 100th Psalm?! Wow! I love you, Nona

Hoover said...

All right, Tyler! I'm pretty sure your dad still has a bit more scripture memorized than you (he's memorized a lot), but I think you've got him beat in the geography category! Tell him I miss him.

I can't wait to tell Caleb and Benjamin about what you've learned. They have learned the Lord's Prayer and Caleb is reading everything in sight!

-Craig Clarkson