Saturday, December 2, 2006

Funny things from Eben

This picture shows what happens when I let
Eben take a picture of something. Despite many attempts to show him how to take a picture, he insists on holding it towards himself.

Two funny things happened with Eben on Thursday. One was that in five years as a mom, I performed my first nasal cavity extraction. Eben put a Cocoa Puff up his nose while we were driving to the grocery store. He started saying "Oww, oww, oww" and I looked back and could tell what he'd done. It came out really easily but he had chocolate snot the rest of the day.


Later, after grocery shopping, the lady at the cash register gave him a small tootsie roll pop. Eben chewed it up and got to the center and while I was putting the bags in the car he said, "look, chocolate" and then "it's like poop."

3 comments:

Laurie M. Lee said...

This is so Eben! Glad you've joined the blogging world. I've been very bad about posting lately...I need to get back on track. I'm inspired by your new blog. :-) I'll put a link from my blog to yours, as well.

Much love from the Lees

Unknown said...

Yeah, well, Eben's Daddy can tell one and all about the Mardi-Gras-bead-up-the-nose episode when he was just a little older than Eben. Didn't come out so easy...it took my nurses clamp and Pops holding him down, Dayton screaming in the corner. But we weren't going to pay an emergency room fee. What goes around, comes around. One more answer to prayer..."Lord, give Scott just a taste...just a taste..." Oh, yes, no theological musings! :)

Mike said...

Ha! I guess Eben was just trying to savor that sweet smell of chocolate.

Hey, it's great you set up a blog. I'll be your greatest fan.